SEO & SEM
SEO & SEM
by Jon Clark
The search engine optimization techniques below allow anyone to operate as an seo expert, Need to effectively boost your website's rankings in search engines. while you shouldn't get up a day later to have the number 1 place in Bing, Google and Yahoo, you might see a steady rise as long as you keep on top of these search engine marketing activities. one thing to ultimately keep in mind, though, is that pleasing the search engines is about pleasing people. if you overdo it, your site may possibly read like a technical handbook authored by a monkey. search engines reward sites that make it uncomplicated for individuals to read and use.
Some of these modifications include:
* Editing html titles, h1 tags, and information to incorporate phrases that detail your product or service to the search engine and its traffic.
* Writing keyword-rich metadata to accurately reflect the content that is visibleto the search engine and its readers.
* Changing and optimizing your alt attribute tags for all of your images.
* Including quality anchor text in you backlinks (anchor text is the words or phrases used to link to a page)
* Designing a clean site structure or interior linking structure.
* No duplicate content or broken links.
* Creating a clean sitemap.
Off-site seo (search engine marketing) includes activities outside of what occurs on your site to help boost your search engine rankings. these techniques typically take time and effort, and off-site seo is an ongoing process. some of these search engine marketing activities include:
* Distributing your RSS feed to related free as well as paid directories
* Soliciting hyperlinks through related sites
* Social book marks
* Content and press release marketing and advertising
* Marketing through social networks
* Becoming an energetic discussion board member
* Commenting In different related sites
One of the most important search engine marketing activities you will perform is link building, or building link popularity.
So,how does a search engine 'rank' a site and decide what order to list them in? essentially, links are the "currency" on the web. each link acts as a 'vote' for a site, as far as the search engine sees it. now, it should be said right away that even more links doesn't necessarily equal better ranking. the reigning clich here is "quality over quantity."
You'll hear a lot when it comes to search engine marketing and link building, but at all times keep in mind that it takes time. some things to aim for when building link popularity for sem:
* High pagerank
* Sites/pages that are extremely applicable to your business or the page being linked to
* Quality anchor text that is relevant and/or contains keywords
* Few other links
With this 'voting' scheme, there are Lots of ways to campaign for a vote, and you won't at all times have command over the internet sites that link to you, the anchor text used or where your hyperlink is placed. the best links reside on high pagerank sites and are surrounded by relevant content, have a small number of links on the page and use relevant anchor text. each search engine counts these types of 'votes' in a different way, and therefore, your ranking might never be iIdentical from one search engine to another.
And that's not all. A link can have more value depending on the pagerank of a site, the number of links on that page, and whether or not the content is related. a link from ibm.com or amazon.com will carry much even more weight than some unknown site that doesn't have any 'authority'. 1 link among 5 will carry more weight than 1 link among 100. A link to a 'save the turtles' site from a blog post about the turtle life cycle will give more heft than the same connection through a 'going green' article.
What you should learn about website popularity in regard to SEM is that more, higher quality links will start to improve your clout inside thew serps; thus giving you more coverage, greater traffic, more prospects and more sales!
About the Author:
Download a free do it yourself SEO report about your own website's search engine rankings and learn more about SEO you can do yourself from the leaders in do it yourself SEO + SEM, Frontdesk SEO.
Top of SEO & SEM Page
Back to Articles Page
Back to the Ex-Health & Home Shopping Home Page