10 Real Life Diet Tips
10 Real Life Diet Tips
by Josh Walker
Are you tired of diet tips handed out by someone with apparently unlimited income and time? For some of us, it may just not be practical to spend half of our Sunday preparing carefully portioned meals for the rest of the week, or financially feasible to buy all our meals prepackaged in just the right portions. And there are those of us who cringe at the thought of weighing food to achieve 'optimal portion sizes'. Here are ten real life diet tips for the rest of us.
1. Planning to eat out? Restaurant portions tend to be big, and if it is in front of us, we tend to eat it. If it's possible, order from the kid's menu, where portions are more reasonably sized.
2. Keep healthy snacks around and easily accessible. A bowl of fruit on the kitchen table, a container of celery or carrot sticks in the refrigerator, or a couple of pop-open cans of fruit salad in your desk at work will help you grab for something healthy when those first hunger pains begin. In other words, you'll be more likely to grab something low-calorie and good for you if it's easy to eat.
3. Substitute canned vegetables for frozen. Canned veggies tend to be high in sodium, which you don't need, and low in real nutrition, which you do. Buy economy size bags with zip closures to make it easy to pour out a single serving for a meal.
4. Buy a vegetable steamer. Steaming is one of the healthiest ways to cook vegetables. The food retains nearly all of its natural nutrients instead of leaching it out into the cooking water. Better yet, it makes them taste great - which means there is a better chance you'll eat them instead of filling up on fatty foods.
5. Never eat standing up. One of the easiest ways to sabotage your diet is to 'eat without thinking'. Prepare your meal, take a seat and eat properly. You'll be less likely to eat without paying attention.
6. Spread your meals out. If you eat three meals a day, your body will store what it does not need at that moment. By adopting a 'grazing' habit, you will be able to keep your metabolism going throughout the day. 'grazing' habit, you'll keep your metabolism working throughout the day. Just have a small breakfast, a piece of fruit with crackers or toast at mid-morning, a light lunch and an 'after school snack' mid-afternoon. Just don't forget that you're breaking up the same amount of food into smaller meals, not ADDING more food into your daily diet.
7. Instead of soda why not have fruit juice or flavored water. Soda is nothing but empty calories, lots of sugar and no nutrients what so ever. Instead, grab some water flavored with fruit or a bottle of 100% fruit juice.
8. Make sure you drink water. Even the FDA recommends at least 8 full 8 ounce glasses of water a day to keep your body working right. When you're dieting, you should drink even more.Water can help you to feel full, helps your body to digest food and also flushed out toxins from your system.
9. Can't afford a gym membership? Make a pact with friends to exercise together. Try playing volleyball, taking a walk or spend half an hour doing something active at very least three times a week.
10. Cut out potato chips. All they do is contribute fat and calories and not much else. Instead why not grab a cup of yogurt or a handful of dried fruit they have the same amount of calories but are much more nutritious.
About the Author:
Before buying any diet plan online make sure you know the truth about diets . One that has been proven to work is the Biggest Loser Diet Plan. It has been tried and tested and you will see results if used properly.
Top of 10 Real Life Diet Tips Page
Back to Articles Page
Back to the Ex-Health & Home Shopping Home Page