10 Funniest Quotes by Woody Allen
10 Funniest Quotes by Woody Allen
by Joanne Aika Castillo
If I had to choose one comedian who can surely crack me up, it would be Woody Allen. He is by far one of the most respected directors and screenwriters in Hollywood. He is known for his award winning films like Annie Hall, Manhattan, and The Purple Rose of Cairo. Allen's work is mostly inspired by his interests on literature, philosophy, psychoanalysis, sexuality, New York City, and the Jewish identity. Most of the time, his films always includes a Woody Allen persona: the neurotic writer living in New York City.
Allen's sense of humor can be described as wry, sarcastic, intellectual, neurotic, and self deprecating. He is brand of funny is unmistakably full of wit. I am a total fan of his humor. Almost all the funny quotable quotes that we derive from him and his characters embody an observant humorist who has got something to say about society. What makes it funny is that his dialogues tell us the undeniable truth. He has successfully mastered the humor that doesn't underestimate his audience's intellect.
Here, I have compiled ten funniest quotations by Woody Allen. These funny quotes were taken either from his interviews or from the characters of his movies. Most of these quotes deal with issues on sex, marriage, literature, death, relationships, and pop culture. These compilation of Woody Allen funny quotes will not only make you burst into laughter but will also encourage you to think about the themes involved.
Top 10 Funny Quotes from Woody Allen:
1. I took the speed reading course and read War and Peace in twenty minutes. Its about Russia.
2. If my films dont show a profit, I know Im doing something right.
3. I sold the memoirs of my sex life to a publisher. They are going to make a board game out of it.
4. In Los Angeles they don't throw out their garbage away. They make it into television shows.
5. Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate.
6. A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said no.
7. I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
8. I took a test in Existentialism. I left all the answers blank and got a 100.
9. The only time my wife and I had a simultaneous orgasm was when the judge signed the divorce papers.
10. When I was kidnapped, my parents snapped into action. They rented out my room.
As for me, the funniest quotes on the list are the top three quotes. The first one about speed reading is a good example of mockery about pretentiousness. The second quote on film-making reflects a hilarious and defensive view of a film's commercial value. Lastly the third funny quote is a classic example of his self-deprecating humor where he makes fun of himself as this nerdy Jewish New Yorker. All three quotes exhibit that wry, ironic, and self-deprecating humor which defines Woody Allen. At the end of the day, Woody Allen's funny quotes exemplify how humor is indeed a universal language.
About the Author:
Joanne Aika Castillo is a Comparative Literature graduate, major in European Literature, from the University of the Philippines. She is the editor of a wonderful online collection of famous and inspiring quotations at Quote Summit. To read more of Woody Allen's funny quotes and sayings and other funny quotes and sayings, visit Quote Summit now.
Top of 10 Funniest Quotes by Woody Allen Page
Back to Articles Page
Back to the Ex-Health & Home Shopping Home Page